venerdì 6 febbraio 2015

HSIEN: I'Ching inspired artwork

31 - HSIEN

A lake on the mountain:
The image of influence.
Thus the superior man encourages people to approach him
By his readiness to receive them.

A mountain with a lake on its summit is stimulated by the moisture from 
the lake. It has this advantage because its summit does not jut out as a peak 
but is sunken. The image counsels that the mind should be kept humble and 
free, so that it may remain receptive to good advice. People soon give up 
counseling a man who thinks that he knows everything better than anyone 
else.

The series of my works inspired by the hexagrams Chinese oracle I'Ching has so impressed the Cirque du Soleil that in 2013 yjey have made a part of their show with the artists who wore suits made in the likeness of my works  in a performance on water, at the Bellagio in Las Vegas Palace, an amazing sight !! (a little moment here and  here you can also see my artwork donated to the charity auction)

Cirque du Soleil performance inspired to Rabarama's works. Bellagio Palace, Las Vegas, March 2013

I present my mixed media on cardboard, "Hsien", 2014, and to have a global view of my works inspired by the I'Ching you can see here 

HSIEN
page on the website: http://www.rabarama.info/#!mixed-hsien-b/c112h

HSIEN
Medium: mixed technique on cardboard, cm: 29 x 20
year: 2014, unique piece

On the I'CHING: http://www.ichingonline.net/index.php


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento